Latest blog articles
Dong Nai: Health insurance coverage lower than national average
Patients receive emergency aid at Bach Mai Hospital in Hanoi (Photo: VNA)
Dong Nai (VNA) – Though the rate of population covered by health insurance in Dong Nai province has continually increased and reached about 70.6 percent at present, it is still 4 percent lower than the national average.
According to the People’s Committee of the southern province, districts with modest coverage are Tan Phu (56.7 percent), Xuan Loc (57.2 percent), Cam My (59.6 percent), Thong Nhat (60.1 percent), and Dinh Quan (64 percent).
It attributes the situation to local administrations’ lack of attention to health insurance policy implementation, lax coordination between state management and social insurance agencies, the public’s low awareness, and bad medical services at some healthcare centres.
The districts with low health insurance coverage are mostly poor farming areas with underdeveloped industrial production. The majority of their population are farmers and ethnic minority people with low income, who are reluctant to join insurance. Many only buy health insurance when they are sick or have serious illnesses.
Facing that fact, the provincial administration has requested local authorities and relevant agencies to support deprived families, ethnics and students to buy health insurance.
They will also have to equip local clinics, especially those in remote areas, with better facilities, improve checkup and treatment quality, and eradicate the gap between services for patients with and without health insurance.
Dong Nai aims to have over 90 percent of the population in the aforementioned districts covered by health insurance by 2020.
Meanwhile, the coverage nationwide will reach around 79 percent by the end of 2016 compared to the set target of 76 percent, Health Minister Nguyen Thi Kim Tien said at a recent meeting.-VNA
Afghan teen arrested over German murder-rape
Berlin (AFP) - A teenage Afghan asylum seeker has been arrested on suspicion of the rape and murder of a 19-year-old female student in Germany, police and prosecutors said Saturday.The 17-year-old Afghan was arrested on Friday after his DNA was found at the scene of the crime and he was identified on CCTV, authorities in the south-west German town of Freiburg told a press conference.The Afghan, who has said nothing to investigators about the alleged crimes, arrived in Germany in 2015 as an… chat_bubble_outline Read More...
Industrial zones getting hot again
Investors have poured money into industrial zone (IZ) projects again and many large-scale projects will be completed in the time to come. Thai Amata Corporation has announced an investment project capitalized at $800 million in Dong Nai province, under which 40 percent of area will be reserved for an IZ, while the remaining 60 percent will be for apartments and trade development. The foreign investor has revealed that it is seeking another license to build another IZ in the north which is… chat_bubble_outline Read More...
Football: What the heck is the Friendship Trophy? Footballs oddest cup competitions
Norwich and Sunderland have more than Premier League survival at stake this weekend theres a Friendship Trophy to be played for, dont you know. Nick Moorereveals more of footballs lesser-known competitions... 1. Friendship TrophyThey don’t do a special programme and nobody books an open-top bus for the victors, but the Friendly Cup – occasionally sneered about as silly or pointless – is actually a justified source of pride between the two sides that infrequently contest it, Norwich City and… chat_bubble_outline Read More...
Trump looks to San Francisco travel ban hearing
US President Donald Trump speaks alongside Sheriff Carolyn Bunny Welsh (R) of Chester County, Pennsylvania, during a meeting with county sheriffs in the Roosevelt Room of the White House in Washington, DC. (SAUL LOEB/AFP) Hosting a group of American sheriffs at the White House, Trump hammered home the rationale for his executive order closing US borders to refugees and travellers from seven Muslim-majority nations as "common sense." The legal showdown touched off on Friday, when a federal judge… chat_bubble_outline Read More...
Thai Beverage mulls over bidding for Sabeco and Vinamilk
Thai Beverage Public Company Limited (Thai Beverage) is considering bidding for Vietnamese state-owned enterprises Saigon Beer, Alcohol and Beverage Corporation (Sabeco) and Vietnam Daily Products JSC (Vinamilk), according to newswire Nikkei. Besides, Thapana Sirivadhanabhakdi, Thai Beverage chief executive, denied earlier media reports that the group is following the state divestment from Hanoi Beer, Alcohol and Beverage Corporation (Habeco). Acquisitions in Vietnam would help Thai Beverage… chat_bubble_outline Read More...